Product Description & Reviews
Chrome tanning uses a solution of chemicals, acids and salts (including chromium sulphate) to dye the hide. It's a very quick process, taking about a day to produce a piece of tanned leather. First the hide is 'pickled' by being left in the acid salt mixture, before being placed into the chromium sulphate. All hides then come out looking light blue (known as 'wet blue') and then have a finishing colour applied. The color remains the same throughout the products life. We only deal in top grain cowhide leather as appose to spilt hide. Top Grain includes the actual surface of the skin with all of its natural pores, wrinkles, and scars. It is the strongest part of the hide. They distinguish genuine leather from man-made materials. Some marks can appear on the surface of leather which are healed scratches. In some cases a small hole(s) can result from the tanning process. Any of these markings may be present on your leather and is your assurance that you have a true top grain leather. Leather is a natural product; grain pattern and color may vary from hide to hide and within the hide. Please note: Each leather item is packaged in a plastic protection cover. This item is ONLY refundable if the plastic has not been opened. PLEASE NOTE: ALL OUR PICTURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM THE LEATHERS WE ARE SELLING AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR OUR BEST TO TURN THE LIGHT TO ACQUIRE THE RIGHT COLOR FOR EVERY ELEMENT. HOWEVER AS WITH ALL DIGITAL PHOTOS, THE COLORS MAY VARY FROM A COMPUTER.
Features & Highlights
- This product comes as a full side an area between 17 - 21 sq. ft. as explained in the image provided.
- leather thickness: 0.9 mm - 1.1 mm / 2 oz - 3 oz. Easy to work with!
- Top Quality Grade A Finished Cow Chrome Leather, excellent for your next leather project!
- This granulated leather has small and even elevations resembling grains, giving the leather a unique and classy look.
- Great for all your crafting & sewing, tooling, Bookbinding, knife sheaths, pet toys, key fobs, handbags straps, moccasins, gloves, hats chaps, album covers, and a thousand other uses.
|Manufacturer:||Primo Pelle LTD|
|Publisher:||Primo Pelle LTD|
|Studio:||Primo Pelle LTD|
|Package Weight:||2.8 pounds|
|Package Size:||4 x 2 x 2 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Springfield Leather Company
mpn: FSL-Buffalo&Calf, ean: 0636123153066,